One of my favourite foods to eat and cook is also the first food I learned to cook that didn’t come in a box with instructions printed on the side, that food is the egg. Hard boiling your eggs is one of the easiest ways to prepare them and is a skill that every woman, who takes pride in her cooking, should master. It may not be the most exciting form an egg can take but it does have several delicious destinations including egg salad sandwiches, devilled eggs or my mom’s specialty, pickled eggs.
How to Hard Boil an Egg:
- Place the desired amount of eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water until eggs are covered by about an inch.
- Bring the eggs to a boil over high heat.
- When a boil is reached, reduce the heat to low and bring to a simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Move saucepan to the sink and run cold water into it for a minute or two until the eggs have cooled.
- Crack the egg several times by gently tapping it all over, on the counter. Peel the shell off and enjoy.