A delicious dinner time quiche, the flavours blend nicely and the skim milk keeps the meal from becoming too rich. Cooking the tomatoes beforehand reduces their moisture, making for a crispier crust.
Premade / frozen pie shell 1
Skim milk 1 cup
Salt ¼ tsp
Black pepper ¼ tsp
Nutmeg 1/8 tsp
Bacon 3 rashers
Juliet tomatoes 4
Cheddar cheese, shredded ¼ cup
- Beat milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg together in a measuring cup, cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of four hours.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Cook bacon, reserve 1 tbsp of bacon grease. Rip bacon into bit-size pieces.
- Slice shallot and cook in bacon grease over medium-low heat until it just starts to turn translucent, about five minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and add to pan with shallots, cook until soft.
- Fill blind baked / frozen pie shell with bacon, tomatoes, shallot and cheese. Slowly pour egg mixture over top.
- Cook for 35 minutes, or until the tooth pick test comes back clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.