Menu One: Lunch in the Park with Family:
– click for Alton Brown’s recipe at foodnetwork.com
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 2 tbsp onion or green onion, minced
- (¼ parsley, minced)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup light, real mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- (1 tbsp grainy mustard)
- (1 tbsp sweet pickle relish)
- Salt, to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- Boil potatoes (with skins on) in salted water until just tender.
- Drain, peel if you wish and cut into bite-size pieces.
- With all other ingredients, prepare dressing in a large mixing bowl.
- Add still warm potatoes to the mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
- 2 ¼ cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 (250g) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Brownie base (first group of ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 350̊F
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add butter and eggs and blend well.
- Spread in 9 x 13 inch baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cheesecake top (second group of ingredients)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and butter until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and flour.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Pour over cooked brownie base and bake at 350̊F for 40 minutes.
- Cool completely then drizzle with melted chocolate . Continue reading