I’ve always thought cookies and cream was one of the best flavours in the world. I love cookies and cream ice cream, cookies and cream chocolate bars, and, most of all, ice cream sandwiches – which are basically just reconstructed cookies and cream ice cream. I love cookies and cream so much, I’ve been trying to convince my husband that the Great Dane he wants should have a “cookies and cream” merle coat, just because it looks so delicious. So of course I created these soft, chewy cookies and cream cookies for a barbecue I attended this weekend. I wanted to get some pictures of my friends enjoying them for this recipe but I wasn’t quick enough.
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 ½ cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. hot water
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup broken Oreo-type cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add along with the eggs. Mix in well.
- Add the flour and salt, stir until half-mixed.
- Break Oreo cookies by hand and add. Finish mixing.
- Form teaspoon sized cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8-12 min.